This is me!

My photo
I am a 31 year old mother of 3 kids who has struggled with my weight my entire life. I was not the skinny cheerleader in highschool.. I was the plump Art Club girl who everyone pretty much just ignored. I have decided that since 1 of my sons is a type 1 diabetic that I will get my own health into full check for all of my kids' and my husband's sake. I want to be here for them for the rest of their lives! Or as long as God allows me to be! :) Here you will find my trials and tribulations of my everyday struggle with my weight and the emotions it brings on. I hope you will find great inspirations in what works for me and what doesn't work for me and mold it into your own life journey!

Friday, November 16, 2012

C25K Training Program

I recently found an app on my Android Phone called C25K! It stands for Couch to 5K race! 5K is 3 miles in case anyone didn't know! My 10 year old daughter has been training for a 5K race for the past 9 weeks and her race is tomorrow! The program she is in is called "Girls on the Run!" It's an awesome program for 4th and 5th grade girls across the country and not only teaches them exercise and health but how to speak up for themselves and how to be a better person! Teaches them self esteem as well as caring for others! I figure if she can run a 5K Race I can too! So I went looking for an App and found a Free one on the market called Simple C25K. It's a 9 week program where you do the exercise 3 days a week. It increases in intensity as the weeks go on but I just started it and really felt the burn on day 1! I think jogging outside is much harder than jogging on a treadmill.. I've never tried jogging outside til the other day and boy did it kick my butt! ha I'll post some updates as I go along with how I'm feeling cardio wise and how much weight I've lost with just watching my portion size and doing the C25K program! Look out for my other posts! :)  Good Luck everyone on your weight loss journey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment