This is me!

My photo
I am a 31 year old mother of 3 kids who has struggled with my weight my entire life. I was not the skinny cheerleader in highschool.. I was the plump Art Club girl who everyone pretty much just ignored. I have decided that since 1 of my sons is a type 1 diabetic that I will get my own health into full check for all of my kids' and my husband's sake. I want to be here for them for the rest of their lives! Or as long as God allows me to be! :) Here you will find my trials and tribulations of my everyday struggle with my weight and the emotions it brings on. I hope you will find great inspirations in what works for me and what doesn't work for me and mold it into your own life journey!

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Falling asleep for a couple hours after eating!!

Lately since I've been dieting and cutting my calories to 800 a day, I've been falling asleep a lot after meals. I will sleep for like 2 hours and then wake up like I've slept all night. I also wake up feeling like my stomach is almost empty but I'm not hungry or anything.. so, I did some research and discovered this:

"When you eat too much more effort is needed for digestion and so more blood flows from the brain to the stomach to help in digestion.

"It takes a great deal of energy to digest a large meal. When your stomach is full, blood is directed away from other organ systems, including your nervous system. The result? You will feel the need to snooze after any big meal, particularly if it is high in fats and carbohydrates."

Completely answered my question and makes total sense!

No comments:

Post a Comment